Company: A global leader in beauty products
Location: New York City Area
Title: Head of Digital Commerce
Reports to: Owner/President
The Head of Digital Commerce will be an important part of The Company’s leadership team, heading up the newly created Direct to Consumer division. The Head of Digital Commerce’s main priority will be to architect and lead the Direct to Consumer division, inclusive of organization, processes, operations, and technology, as well as launch new direct to consumer brands in new and innovative ways. Additionally, the Head of Digital Commerce will oversee The Company’s existing direct to consumer brands with a view to leveraging technology and resources across the brands.
The ideal candidate will have built and led a breakthrough digital commerce business successfully leveraging new digital sales and marketing tactics, and possess deep knowledge and experience in all strategic, business, operational, and technological functions that make up the digital commerce ecosystem. Strong digital start-up experience will be critical to success in this new role.
- Proven success leading and inspiring a large cross-functional team of digital commerce business, technology, and operational business units.
- A track record of driving executive buy-in and support.
- Can effectively communicate complex digital commerce concepts to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success leading third-party vendors.
- Confidence to represent a strong point of view, and the knowledge and experience to back it up.
- Proven track record of attracting and managing talent for an exceptional team.
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional working relationships throughout the enterprise.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to be a change agent to navigate the larger organization and ensure the effectiveness of the digital team.
- Confident and knowledgeable with a clear vision to build and grow an innovative digital commerce business.
- Demonstrates industry thought leadership and a passion for new digital innovations.
- Comfortable taking calculated risks to break new ground.
- Can inspire others to want to go above and beyond to achieve great things.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Desire to be an industry leader in leveraging innovative ways to attract, engage, convert, and retain customers.
- 10+ years’ experience in digital commerce; at least 5 in a leadership position.
- Digital start-up experience strongly preferred.
- The architect and leader of a successful breakthrough digital commerce brand.
- Beauty experience is not required, but is preferred.
- Experience marketing and selling products to a similar audience demographic.
- Women 18+ who have a passion for beauty and fashion, and are heavy users of social and viral media.
- Experience leading all business and operational aspects of a digital commerce business, including a strong understanding of digital commerce technologies, the overall digital commerce ecosystem, customer service, and fulfillment.
- Driving customer engagement and revenue through new digital sales channels such as social media, community, and viral marketing.
- Experience leading multiple brands is a plus.
- Must have owned and managed a fully loaded digital commerce P/L, and understand all of the cost drivers required to support a digital commerce business.
The Head of Digital Commerce will be responsible for the Direct to Consumer division at The Company. The main priority for the head of digital commerce will be to build the strategy, organization, processes, and technology infrastructure that will enable The Company to successfully launch new direct to consumer brands.
- Responsible for all business, technology, and operational functions of the Direct to Consumer division including, but not limited to, marketing, merchandising, user experience, analytics, creative, technology, customer service, and fulfillment.
- Develop and execute a vision and strategy to bring new brands to market via innovative digital sales and marketing channels leveraging best in class technology.
- Build a winning digital commerce organization.
- Make critical and informed decisions regarding the technology needed to support the Direct to Consumer division’s initiatives.
- Partner closely with other corporate teams including Marketing, IT, Creative, Finance, Product Development, and HR.
- Own and manage the digital commerce P/L and all Direct to Consumer related budgets.
- Oversee existing Direct to Consumer brands, and make decisions with an eye toward leveraging technology and resources across all brands.
- Serves as The Company’s expert on all things related to digital commerce.
- Minimal travel required.
Sophelle, an experienced provider of management and technology consulting services to the retail industry, helps both emerging and Fortune 500 clients achieve IT and business objectives by delivering sound, flexible strategies and reliable, efficient solutions. Committed to client success and satisfaction, Sophelle generates measurable value in the areas of IT and digital commerce strategy, application development, systems integration, quality assurance, and executive search. Our areas of expertise include in-store solutions, customer management and socialized customer-centric marketing, merchandising & planning, digital commerce, and omnichannel strategy based on 360 degrees of the brand.
For consideration, submit a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.