In The Shopping Revolution, Barbara E. Kahn, a foremost retail expert, and professor at The Wharton School, examines the companies that have been most successful during this wave of change, and offers fresh insights into what we can learn from their ascendance.
Kahn, also the author of Global Brand Power: Leveraging Branding for Long-Term Growth, examines:
- How did Amazon become the retailer of choice for a large portion of the US population, and how can other companies work with them or compete with them?
- How did Walmart beat out other grocers in the late 1990s to become the leader in food retailing, and how must they pivot to hold their leadership position today?
- How did Warby Parker make a dent in the once-untouchable Luxottica’s lucrative eyewear business, and what can that tell start-ups about how to unseat a Goliath?
- How did Sephora draw customers away from once-dominant department stores to become the go-to retailers for beauty products, and what can retailers learn from their success?
- How are a luxury and fast-fashion retailers competing in the ever-changing, fickle world of fashion?
Building on these insights, Kahn offers a framework that any company can use to create a competitive strategy to survive and thrive in today’s—and tomorrow’s—retail environment.
Title : The Shopping Revolution, Updated and Expanded Edition: How Retailers Succeed in an Era of Endless Disruption Accelerated by COVID-19
Author : Barbara E. Kahn
Publisher : Wharton School Press
Amazon URL : https://www.amazon.com/Shopping-Revolution-Successful-Retailers-Disruption/dp/1613630867/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
B&N URL : https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-shopping-revolution-updated-and-expanded-edition-barbara-e-kahn/1138417017?ean=9781613631140
Publication Date : 30/04/2021