The former Amazon executive who launched and scaled Amazon Marketplace delivers the ultimate playbook on “think like Amazon” and succeeds in the digital age.
“What would Jeff do?” Since leaving Amazon to advise start-ups and corporations, John Rossman has been asked this question countless times by executives who want to know “the secret” behind Amazon’s historic success. In this step-by-step guide, he provides 50 ½ answers drawn from his experience as an Amazon executive―and shows today’s business leaders how to think like Amazon, strategize like Bezos, and beat the competition like nobody’s business. Learn how to:
- Move forward to get back to Day 1―and change the status quo.
- Use the “working backward” innovation and problem-solving approach to lead the way.
- Become a platform company―with the right platform strategy.
- Create customer obsession―and grant your customers superpowers.
- Experiment, fail, rinse, and repeat.
- Decentralize your way to digital greatness.
- Master the magic of small autonomous teams.
- Avoid the trap of past positions.
- Make better and faster decisions.
- Use metrics to create a culture of accountability and innovation
- Use AI and the Internet of Things to reinvent customer experiences.
In addition to these targeted strategies, you’ll receive a rare inside glimpse into how Jeff Bezos and Amazon take a remarkably consistent approach to innovate, exploring new markets, and sparking new growth. You’ll understand the unique mindset and inner workings that drive Amazon’s operational excellence, from its ground-up approach to new digital markets to its out-of-the-box attitudes on innovation. You’ll learn specific game-changing strategies that made Amazon stand out in a crowded digital world. These include actionable ideas that you can use to transform your culture, expand your business into digital, and become the platform company that customers obsess over. Rossman also offers invaluable insights into the latest technologies, e-commerce marketing, online culture, and IoT disruptions that only an Amazon insider would know.
If you want to compete and win in the digital era, you have to Think Like Amazon.