Maximize Your Shoptalk Experience: Insider Pro Tips to Follow
Shoptalk unites the biggest community of retailers and brands to build the future of how people search, shop, and spend. Sophelle’s retail experts have a long history with Shoptalk, and we are here to provide the best tips and recommendations to ensure you have a successful show! Follow these pro tips to make the most of your time and contact Sophelle for help or to schedule a meeting.
MARCH 26-29, 2023, MANDALAY BAY, LAS VEGAS
Show Exhibition Hours
Monday, March 27: 10:00am — 6:30pm PT
Tuesday, March 28: 10:00am — 6:30pm PT
Mandalay Bay Resort Map
Before the Show
One Month Out
- Download the Shoptalk 2023 App (Apple, Android).
- Bookmark the Shoptalk 2023 Agenda.
- Familiarize yourself with the high-level floorplan.
- Book a hotel associated with the show; Shoptalk will be held at Mandalay Bay. Hotels with discounted rates: Aria, Park MGM, Luxor.
- Plan your time to make sure you see the most valuable sessions and visit the most interesting exhibitors. Sophelle experts can help.
- Find out who will be attending from your team and from the companies you’d like to meet.
- Set goals: Before the conference, think about what you hope to gain from attending. Are there specific topics or skills you want to learn about? Are there people you want to meet or network with? Setting goals will help you stay focused and make the most of your time.
- Create a schedule: Review the conference agenda and create an approximate schedule that includes meetings, networking opportunities, sessions, and breaks. Be sure to leave time to explore the Expo Floor and learn about new products and services.
- Prioritize sessions: With so many sessions to choose from, it’s important to prioritize the ones that are most important to you. Make a list of your must-see sessions and plan accordingly.
- Coordinate with your team: If you’re attending the conference with colleagues, coordinate with them to avoid conflicts and cover more topics. Divide and conquer by attending different sessions and sharing what you learned afterwards.
One Week Out
- Plan where to rest.
- Plan where to eat.
- Locate water stations.
- Pack business cards along with any marketing materials you intend to bring to the show.
The Night Before/Morning Of
- Charge your phone.
- Get physically prepared (stretch, hydrate).
- Check the weather and dress accordingly. Vegas can have big swings in temperature. We suggest layers.
- Wear comfortable shoes with arch support.
- Don’t bring anything extra that you won’t want to check.
- Plan your trip to and from the show. Uber and Lyft are typically a little less expensive than cabs in Vegas, but cabs can be easier to find at most hotels.
During the Show
- Register on Sunday morning. Registration is from 8:00am — 7:15pm PT.
- A great place to network and meet people is the Shoptalk sponsored breakfast. Don’t be stressed if there is no space at the tables when you first walk in, just keep following the path and you will find additional tables.
- Take thorough notes during and immediately after sessions. Vegas nightlife can make details hard to remember. 😉
- Eat healthy, wholesome foods.
- Stay hydrated.
- Try to tolerate the exhibitors to a point. They’re in a tough spot, but they need to be respectful.
- Let exhibitors know your time limits.
After the Show
- Review your notes.
- Follow up on to-dos.
- Update this list with what you’ve learned so you can have an even better show next year!